The Royal Manitoba Winter Fair horse show is Manitoba's largest indoor equestrian event featuring Hunter Jumper, Show Jumping, Hackney and Draft Horse competitions each day in Westoba Place main arena and the Westoba AG Centre of Excellence.
- The 2019 Heavy Horse show is a double Points show for the North American Six Horse Hitch Classic Series
The Keystone Centre is a World Class facility, the two show rings, warm up rings and barns are all under one roof, the barns are bright, airy with good safe stalls and good bio security protocols in place. The barns are easily accessible for loading and unloading with ample parking for trailers. There are camping spots available with electrical service. There is a hotel attached to the facility.
Brandon is a centrally situated city of 55,000 people. 45 minutes north of the Us. Border crossing at Dunseith, and 2.5 hours west of Winnipeg on Hwy 1 . We are accessible by air from Calgary with 2 flights /day. The fair grounds are easily accessible from any direction. Brandon offers several hotels, shopping and good eating establishments.
The RMWF Exhibitor Experience
The RMWF is a world class Show, well run with top level competitors, There is much to see and do, the show offers Hunter/Jumper and Draft horse classes, Hackney Harness classes, barrel racing, pig scrambles, calf scrambles and plenty of family entertainment. There is a large food & lifestyle show, entertainment and different learning experiences each day. This show starts the 2019 show season, with a week of renewing friendships and making new ones,
- Sunday, March 24 - Public forum with Joe King DVM, Virden Animal Clinic discussing Equine Health in the amphitheater.
- Thursday, March 28 - Tim Horton's Costume Class is easily the cutest class in the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair Horse Show! A combination of fearless young equestrians, stoic horses and a hard working pit crew to assemble the costumes. This class has been delighting audiences for many years and is an entry point for many young exhibitors. Exhibitors this class is open to children 15 years and under.
- Date TBA - ‘Through the Judges eyes” clinic with US Equestrian Federation “R” hunter and hunt seat equitation judge, successful trainer and horseman, Scott Fitton in the Westoba Ag Centre of Excellence Ring
- March 28 – March 30 - NAERIC Draft Horse Futurity sale and Show. This is one of the richest Futurities for Draft Horses in North America. Yearlings sold at public auction during the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair return 2 years later as three year olds to compete for over $30,000 in prize money. It is one event consisting of three divisions; line class, pattern cart class and hitch cart class. It is a three judge event and the points from each judge are totaled to determine a winner. Visit the NAERIC Site for more details
Join our RMWF Exhibitor Facebook group for show updates and connect with other exhibitors.